Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Looking for work

After receiving my reminder e-mail about the SCENE card free movie opportunity today, I decided that I was going to take advantage of it.  The movie that was voted on by SCENE cardholders across Canada was The Hangover.   I didn't have any other plans for the evening and the free popcorn and beverage was quite the incentive as well -even if I was going to go see it alone.  It was free after all, and when times are tough, and money is tight, free is the only way to go.  The movie was scheduled for a 7:00 showing at all Cineplex theatres and with the Scotiabank theatre closest to me, that was the most logical location.  I walked underground from King and Yonge to King and John, arrive at the theatre 11:30am,  only to find out that I was too late.  I can only imagine what time people started lining up at, and I didn't bother to ask.  So there went my exciting night out with free popcorn surrounded by complete strangers.  I head back down to King and John, just about to head into the PATH system via Metro Hall, when I notice a new employment centre set up by the city, for the city.
situated right at the corner of King and John, this centre was created as an additional tool for job hunters to not only assist with resume and cover letter writing, but the staff on site will also assist with using the 20 new fully loaded operating systems.  The welcoming environment here is nothing like the job centres run by the Candian government.  I spoke with one of the staff in the centre and she was very helpful and eager to show me how the facility operates.  Open from 9:00am to 4:00pm Monday to Friday, this is a great environment to look for employment if you are looking to work for the city of Toronto.  The city of Toronto website also has the job opportunities listed there, but if you are looking for assistance in how to impress employers with your resume or need to re-work your cover letter, this is the place to go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment